Established in 1950, Club Med are the pioneers of premium all-inclusive holidays. Club Med has been continuously innovating over the last 60 years and now offers close to 80 ski and sun resorts across Europe, Asia, Africa, America and the Caribbean as well as a ‘Club Med 2’ cruise. Club Med offers a new way of experiencing holidays in its upscale friendly and multicultural resorts.
Its success comes from the strong commitment to exceed customers’ expectations and deliver an unforgettable experience.
To achieve this goal Club Med relies on the hard work and expertise of their staff, the G.Os ("Gentils Organisateurs", French for Kind Organisers).
Within our commercial Business Unit EAF, our Wimbledon office is looking for its future Chief Accountant. You will be reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager and within a team of 4. You will be responsible for compliance with local and corporate accounting policies, regulations and laws and all tax obligations.
- Day to day supervision of the companies accounting operations.
- Prepare and submit profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Ensure legislation is followed regarding VAT, PAYE, TOMS and ABTA/CAA (tourism licenses)
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, as well as financial systems.
- Guarantee bank accounting reliability by performing monthly bank reconciliations (three currencies)
- Supervise booking of accounts payable to offer an accurate and up to date vision of costs.
- Work with external auditors during financial audits.
- Supervise cash collection process, carry out monthly reporting of customer receivables and keep track of cash flow.
- Working closely with commercial teams.
- Managing payroll data and submitting to an outsourced company
- Download salaries, social charges and income taxes payment lists received from the outsourcing company in the e-banking system
- Monthly declarations to tax authorities (fringe benefits, VAT…)
- Manage company year-end tax declaration with tax advisors.
- CPA or Min Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Finance and accounting
- Expert in standard accounting, local accountancy, local legislation & local fiscality, accounting controlling methods & tools, and accounting analysis
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) along with accounting software including Oracle.
- Fluency in English. French would be desirable.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Fixed salary of 45 000 GBP
- 20 days annual leave, increasing by a day after 1 year service (to a max of 25 days)
- Birthdays off
- Half day on xmas eve and NYE
- 3 weeks of Club Med vacations per year under Club Med policy (for GO plus one free staying guest with estimated yearly value of up to £30k)
- Flexible working policy with the possibility to work 2 days a week from home + 1 week remotely every 3 months
- Private Healthcare insurance
- Pension scheme
- 30% of office commute costs reimbursed each month
- Annual Christmas party and other social events arranged by social committee as well as off-site team building.
Job Type: Permanent.
Club Med is offering to sponsor the selected candidate should they not have the right to work in the UK.